The time has come to plan your course schedules for the upcoming summer and fall 2014 semesters. Advisement began March 10, 2014. Schedule your appointment with the your choice of faculty member today! Keep in mind which faculty member specializes in which concentration such that your advisor can supply you the best help possible. To arrange a meeting, e-mail your advisor and copy the department administrative assistants Debbie Martinez (email@example.com) and Linda Russell (firstname.lastname@example.org), and they will prepare the necessary paperwork for your advisement session.
- LIS 243: Law Library Administration
- LIS 213: Popular Culture & Young Adult
- LIS 302: Genealogical Sources and Services
- LIS 217: Multimedia & Tech Res-School Media
- LIS 251: Information Sources in Social & Behavioral Sciences
- LIS 272: Exploring NY Libraries, Archives & Museums
Fall Core Courses:
There are 6 required core courses needed for graduation. Don’t put off the inevitable – register early!
- LIS 204: Introduction to Library & Information Science (2 sections)
- LIS 205: Information Sources & Services (2 sections)
- LIS 239: Research & Evaluation Methods (2 sections)
- LIS 240: Management of Libraries & Information Centers
Summer is an optimal time to take advantage of an internship position! Remember: all internships must be approved and all paperwork filed before you can register for an internship. This must be done before the add/drop deadline. Once all paperwork is submitted, the DLIS office will register you for the appropriate internship.
Course Registration begins April 7, 2014 at 7 am.
Remember to always register for Colloquia, LIS 270.