Congratulations to the following DLIS students, who were rewarded for their hard work by winning the following scholarships:
- Annelisa Purdie – New York Black Librarians Association, Donna Hoke Scholarship
- Lindsay Jankowitz – New York Librarians Association, Dewey Scholarship
- Pam Griffin-Hansen – South Carolina Librarians Association, Student Research Award
DLIS students are out and about in the LIS community! Congratulations to the following students for their accepted contributions to professional conferences:
- Melissa Aaronberg – “Examining Cross Cultural Communication in Academic Libraries: Implications for Improving the Library Experience for Asian Students,“ Conference on Inclusion and Diversity in LIS, held October 20-21, 2016.
- Maddy Vericker – “Power, ethics and corporate sponsorship: Samsung Library, Yonsei University, Seoul, Korea,” ACRL/NY Symposium, held December 2, 2016.